You have no items in your cart.
Photos Speak the Loudest
The Importance of Good Photography in Marketing
How do you put visual content to work for your company? How do you capture your audience’s attention? As a marketer of your business the quality of your content is becoming increasingly more important. The average audience’s attention span has dropped from 12 seconds to a short 7 seconds. So more and more our audience is scanning our materials and the main information they are gathering are the images. So, it is important that you have good quality images.
There is no doubt about it that we are in the age where we want information fast and easy as possible. As posted in The Power of Visual Content, your audience doesn’t want info-heavy, fact-heavy pages, articles or posts. Let icons, infographics and photos support your identity and story tell, as well as, bringing a higher emotional experience.
Since you get one short chance to make a first impression, make sure your photography doesn’t poorly affect your marketing. Great quality photos catch the readers attention while providing them a more personal experience. You can easily do this via web, social media and in your print marketing.
Tidbit: Think of your images as your brand.
- Articles with relevant images average 94% more total views than articles without images.
- A press release with photos gets nearly 15% more online views than a text-only press release.
- 60% of consumers who use online search say they prefer to contact a business whose listing includes an image.
- Nearly 70% of e-commerce shoppers say the product image is very important when making their purchase decision.
- Check out the full infographic by MDG Advertising here!
So, how do you get good visuals? Hire a photographer. Professional photographers will truly capture your brand. However, small businesses starting out and bloggers may not have the budget for a professional, here are some websites that offer images that go beyond the “stock photo”.